INTRODUCING CLIMB NUMBERING
Karoo will now display the number of climbs left on your route, as well as how many climbs you’ve completed so far.
- The number of upcoming climbs will update automatically to reflect any climbs you add or bypass by rerouting.
- You can review the climbs you’ve completed in the full-screen CLIMBER view.
- We’ve replaced VAM with the current Climb Number in the full-screen CLIMBER view.
IMPROVED SETUP EXPERIENCE
We’ve further improved the Setup experience for new users to make it easier and faster to get riding with Karoo for the first time.
- We’ve added the ability to select and download map regions during Setup on Karoo. Choose from the 5 nearest regions to get going quickly, or open the full list of regions if you need. You can still do this later from the Settings App.
- We’ve added the ability to pair your sensors during the Setup on Karoo. You can still do this later from the Sensors App.
- Because the setup steps necessary to have a great first ride are now done directly on Karoo, we’ve removed signing into a Hammerhead Account from Setup.
- Note: if you are going through Setup and already have a Hammerhead Account, no problem! You can sign in from the Hammerhead account under the Settings. See here for complete instructions.
BETTER RADAR LANE PLACEMENT
We’ve made the Karoo even safer to use by layering the Radar lane on top of the Drawer when in-ride. This way, regardless of the Drawer view, your use of the Radar won’t be impaired.
UPDATED DATA FIELD DISPLAY
We’ve added a tenths decimal place to Power Zone and Heart Rate Zone numeric data fields, so you can tell if you’re high or low in each zone.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could cause Wahoo speed sensors to over-calculate distance for your rides.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could cause certain speed sensors to report 0s intermittently for speed and/or cadence.
- We’ve improved our Total Ascent calculation for routes and rides on Dashboard.
- Note: Total Ascent is recalculated by Dashboard when you import a route, so the value shown can differ from the calculations of other software services for the same route. Total Ascent is also recalculated for rides uploaded from Karoo, so the value shown in the Ride Detail on Dashboard can differ from what the Karoo’s barometric altimeter recorded to the FIT file. This does not affect the value in the FIT file for the ride.
- We’ve removed the Maps Selection step from Hammerhead Account creation on Dashboard. You can still select Maps from Settings on Dashboard, or on Karoo.