Drawer Settings Now Configurable Per Profile
We’ve moved all Drawer Settings to being configurable per profile, instead of previously configured at a device-wide level.
- This includes Turn-by-turn settings, Phone notification settings, Strava Live Segments settings, CLIMBER settings, and Auto-lap settings.
- If you frequently switch between different styles of riding (indoor/outdoor, training/racing, intervals/recovery rides, etc.), you can now create profiles for each of those riding styles with customized Drawer settings, so switching between them is easier than ever.
- If you’re thinking “I never switch between different riding styles,” don’t worry! You can still update to this software version, and Karoo will save your current device-wide settings to each of your profiles, and your in-ride experience will be no different than it is today.
- See our Knowledge Base here for more information on the new profile-based Drawer Settings.
Introducing Switch To Map
When following a route or navigating to a Pin, Karoo can now automatically switch to your map screen when approaching a maneuver and back to your data screen after you take the turn. Turn this feature on from Turn-By-Turn Settings in your Profiles.
- See our Knowledge Base here for more information on how this feature works.
Added Distance to Your Destination On Cue Sheet
We’ve added the Distance To Your Destination at the bottom of the cue sheet. Now, you can always see how far you are from the destination on your route, without needing to add Distance To Destination as a data field in your profiles.
Improved Navigation Cues
We’ve improved the way navigation cues appear in the cue sheet when you miss a turn or go off route. Now, when you go off-route, the cues required to get you back on-route are red. This makes it simple and easy to see how far you have till you’re back on route, which turns are reroutes and the ones that are part of the original route.
Updated Pin-Drop Experience
We’ve improved the experience of dropping a Pin by long-pressing on the map. Now, the Pin-drop map view will have the same orientation and zoom level as your map page on the ride, as well as the route line, making it easier to place your Pin.
- We’ve fixed an issue (introduced in the latest release from September 8) that could cause the route line to disappear if you went off-route.
- We fixed a navigation issue that caused Karoo to include U-Turns on dead-end streets as part of reroutes.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the route chevrons to appear detached from the route line.
- We’ve fixed an issue that could cause Karoo to crash if you switched to a profile with no enabled sensors.
- We fixed a navigation issue that could prevent Karoo from showing a turn instruction if the turn was followed closely by a U-Turn.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could prevent Karoo from recording the FIT file properly, resulting in corrupted files.
- We’ve fixed a bug that would scroll the routes list to the top if you pressed the back button from the route detail view of any route, requiring you to scroll back down in your list.
- We’ve improved the time zone detection on Karoo so that it always updates properly when you travel.
- We’ve redesigned the "Surface Preference" selector under Dashboard Route Editor to make it easier and clearer on how to change your preferred surface type for each route.
- We’ve updated the icons for the Start and End of Routes, so it’s significantly easier to tell them apart now. We also updated the waypoint “monocle” that appears when you tap on each waypoint in a route, making it easier to use, too.
- We fixed an issue that prevented you from being able to update your home address on Dashboard.